The Nucore Group considers the health, safety and well-being of employees, non-employees and the natural environment to be the company’s highest priority.
Our HSEQ Policy reflects the acceptance of accountability and commitment of the CEO and Senior Management to the continuous improvement of health, safety, environmental and quality performance as well as our company’s mission on reducing emissions and reducing energy use through sustainable resources as safely and efficiently as possible.
This Policy forms the minimum standard upon which our company sets its objectives and targets, and is the driver for implementing and improving our integrated management system using a system of risk based, process approached procedures and process maps so that we can maintain and improve our performance whilst complying with all relevant regulatory and industry standard requirements.
This Policy is communicated to all employees, customers, business partners and is verified via continuous feedback. It is reviewed at least annually by the CEO and Senior Management and revised as necessary in order to reflect changing operational conditions, new technology, government policies, legislation and other relevant information.
We intend to achieve continuous improvement of all of our business activities and to maintain and grow our position within our scope of operations by providing safe sustainable services with health, safety, environmental and quality being priority in all that we do.
We are committed to a goal of no accidents, no harm to people, minimising our impact on the environment and meeting high quality standards.
By investing in accident prevention measures and continued training, we increase safety awareness and minimise the potential of harm to our interested parties.
In order to achieve this we will:
- Maintain a work environment which promotes the health, safety and well-being of all employees, business partners and interested parties through our Human Resources and Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality departments with direction from the CEO
- Systematically and continually improve environmental performance to the greatest extent possible and strive to influence our business partners to do the same, by preventing pollution, recycling waste; monitoring, tracking and reporting performances and promoting and practising sustainable values, principles and practices
- Exceed minimum compliance wherever practicable in relation to applicable HSEQ regulations and standards from within our Products, Services, Onshore Services, Marine and Offshore departments, to ensure we are continually demonstrating best practice
- Identify, document, monitor, measure and continuously improve the quality and safety of our business processes
- Ensure the delivery of the highest possible quality services; and maximise best possible customer satisfaction
- Apply a risk based management philosophy and practice that primarily aims to identify and eliminate hazards and issues wherever possible, and where this cannot be reasonably achieved, implement appropriate control measures to manage the risks at a level that is as low as reasonably practicable
- To adopt a systematic approach towards communicating lessons learned throughout the company.
- Adhering to the principles of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and IEC 80079-34
Set achievable objectives and targets for:
- Health, safety, environmental and quality protection and measure and monitor our performance against these targets
- Ensure on-going compliance with all applicable legislation, mandatory guidelines, codes, standards and other relevant industry requirements
- Clearly define the roles and responsibilities of all employees and provide them with adequate training and mentoring, as well as providing opportunities to advance their careers
- Consult with, involve and encourage feedback from our business partners and interested parties in order to assist us in continually improving our services
- Provide sufficient and suitable resources to implement, maintain and continuously improve all aspects of our integrated management system and performance